Friday, March 21, 2008

Artists Be Aware!

Following is the transcript of an email received through my Saatchi gallery. I suspect this is an attempt to entice me into losing money, that i don't have, through a check cashing scam to buy my art.

The email address of the purported buyor of my work, identified as Christy Lohan:
christy_uandi@yahoo.com

We have received a message from someone interested in your work on the Saatchi Gallery Saleroom. Please login to your Saleroom inbox at: http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/saleroom/login to view this message. HELLO, I AM INTRESTED IN PURSHACING THIS PIECE <3RD EYE>PAYABLE BY A CHECK FROM MY CLIENT IN THE UNITED STATE ,AND I WOULD WANT YOU TO REPLY ME DIRECT COS AM NOT REGISTERED TO THE SITE Thank You Saatchi Gallery Webmaster

I wrote back asking for full details: identify self, identify location, identify US client. This morning I received anothe SHOUTING email, that my contact should be direct, not through Saatchi. I wrote back that I could not do business with them.
I should have SHOUTED.

If they are legitimate buyors, what is all of this cloak and dagger, and why not register with the Saatchi site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny, ive been getting the same thing.
i got two offers this week, and they dont even mention the work they want.

example:
I AM INTERESTED IN THIS PARTICULAR PIECE OF YOURS.I AM NOT REGISTERED WITH SAATCHI SO DIRECT YOUR REPLY TO MY PERSONAL MAIL.

all i can say is watch out,
and there should definetly be warnings on accessible on saatchy gallery

chloe