Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Paul Cezanne


Paul Cezanne
"Road before the Mountains, Sainte-Victoire"
The Hermitage, St. Petersburg

Just made the decision to keep my financial life simple and not take on the added weight of paying for a studio.  Perhaps later in the year.  For now, the outdoors will be my studio and I will be companioned by my trusted guides:  Cezanne, Degas, Pisarro, Van Gogh, Diebenkorn, Thiebaud, Hawthorne, Hockney, Nell Blaine, Jankowski, Kline, Balthus, Bonnard and Joan Mitchell.  what?  no Monet?  no Monet:  his color is too sweet, his surfaces dense and no speed of the brush.  

1 comment:

Kay said...

What a great idea. I have been paying for my studio space and It could put us under..I am certainly hoping things look up but I might have to give it up...not the end of the world..just inconvenient!