Friday, February 17, 2012

Paul with Fish, update



Paul, detail.

This is a painting that I started several years ago, and have not finished.  The painting is in the attic.  why did I stop working on it?  I have misplaced the background fish that is the shadow wall for the verre eglomise.

someday I will finish this work.  btw:  some of the white areas is paint, other white areas is aluminum leaf, other white areas is where the light shows through from behind, other white areas is the surface light reflection.

best 
deb.

Updated:  May 22, 2012.  in all of my haste, this painting hit the floor.  i have kept all of the pieces and shards.  My friend Paul has gone through a difficult time during this past year.  His son Paul Frontiero Jr. was murdered last fall as he intervened in an attack on two young women.  he paid with his life.  then, he lost his beloved father a few months later.  when i saw the shards on the floor i thought of Paul
 'falling apart, to be put back together.'

best always Paul! steady on.
deb

No comments: